Edison, New Jersey
Direct Traffic Solutions is searching for a full-time Accounting Clerk to assist with both AP and AR functions in our Edison, NJ office. Our Accounting Clerk plays an important role in supporting various aspects of our accounting and financial reporting process. You must be able to work independently, remain flexible with the ability to prioritize workloads, and maintain a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Input vendor payables accurately on a daily basis.
- Effectively communicate with vendors via phone and email to retrieve proper documentation of delivered freight.
- Provide customer invoices through agreed upon delivery method (portals, emails, etc.).
- Maintain record of AR transactions through Microsoft Excel.
- Contact customers to inquire about payment on open invoices.
- Process vendor paperwork in a timely manner.
• Record and send daily work logs to Team Leader.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and vendors.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Identify process improvement and automation opportunities to drive positive change across the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Preferred Knowledge in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Ability to collaborate and function in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Work in a team setting, while delivering independent results.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent long and short-term tasks and prioritize tasks based on competing demands.